Monday, May 24, 2010

Dutch Pannekoeken and Belgian Chocolates




Last November I started really missing my mom and dad who are living in Belgium. We scrounged up every Sky Mile we could get our hands on and booked SIX tickets to Brussels for the end of April. We spent two delightful weeks romping around the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium with the whole crew and fit in a whole lot of Nana Becca and Grandpere time in between!

My cute dad surprised me on Mother's Day with breakfast in bed!

You'll have to give their thinner version of pannekoeken (aka. CREPES) a try:

4 eggs
1 cup flour
½ t. soda
½ t. salt
1 ½ cup milk
2 heaping T. sugar
2 T. oil plus some for cooking

Sift together dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Pour a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour a small amount of batter in and spread by moving pan. When bubbles appear, flip. Serve with fresh whipping cream and strawberries. Serves 4-6.

5 comments:

  1. ohhh those look so yummy! I need to make those pronto!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish, Yum! Yum! Will you make them for me? haha--

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried these and they are delish. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delish. Wish I could eat those right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete